Zenko Kyudojo is the kyudo practice place located in Boulder, Colorado and is headquarters of Zenko International.
Meditation master Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche invited Kanujro Shibata XX, to the United States in 1980, and together they founded Ryuko Kyudojo with the vision of propagating a culture of enlightened warriorship. The name changed from Ryuko Kyudojo to Zenko Kyudojo.
4220 19th Street
Boulder, Colorado 80304
Click here for a map
Click here to see the Zenko Kyudojo blog
Kyudo practice is appropriate for all ages and abilities, beginning at the age of 8. Zenko Kyudojo holds regulary scheduled practice three times per week. Visitors are welcome. Please note that the kyudojo is reached by walking down the driveway past the house.
- 10:00 A.M. - 12 Noon: Kyudo practice
- 8:30 A.M. - 10:00: Kyudo practice
- 6:00 - 8:00 P.M.: Kyudo practice
- First Shot Preparation: $50 (usually, 5-10 classes of instruction leading up to first shot. Instruction begins on the first Sunday of each month.)
- Individual: $50/month
- Student/Senior (65+): $40/month
- Family: $70/month
- Drop-in Fee: $15/class (available after First Shot)
- Visitors are always welcome at no charge